Saturday, April 14, 2007

Dessert

Ha, hot buttered potatoes. They were delish.

Why are we listening to Irish music?

My mother was Irish. A country whose biggest export is their people. And I like songs with a story. Same as I like pictures with a story.

Put on some Bach.

All form, no content? But OK. No one will go snooty if you play Bach, I guess.

Is there dessert?

Why not? Life’s too short for bad wine. And as Ernestine Ulmer said, "Life is uncertain. Eat dessert first."

I think Erma Bombeck put it a shade more dramatically, "Seize the moment. Remember those women on Titanic who waved off the dessert cart."

Ooh, I like that.

She was good with titles too. Family - The Ties that Bind... and Gag! Or, I Lost Everything in the Post-Natal Depression. And, The Grass is Always Greener Over the Septic Tank.

Chocolate?

I could. Good people often do bad things.

Know what you mean. “The evil that men do lives after them. The good is oft interred with their bones.”


Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home