Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Ever been in Wooloomooloo?

Hey! .....
You! I was talking to you.
Me?
You. Don't I know you?
Don't think so.
Ever been in Wooloomooloo?
Maybe, not sure. Don't recall ever having been there. Not my neck of the woods.
I knew it. It was you. You do remember, don't you.
Remember what?
Don't come that one with me. You remember all right.
I'm sorry. What is it I'm supposed to remember?
You know perfectly well.
This is a strange conversation. A perfect stranger telling me I should recall something that happened in a place I've never been.
Look, I know you. You talk the talk, you walk the walk. You are Papandreou.
Sorry. My name's O'Reilly.
Close enough. Now look, I know most of what happened. But I want to know all the details. You tell me everything, and you walk out of here scot-free tonight.
I wish I could help you. But I'm just not him.
There you go again. As always dodging the issue. Pretending you were someone else. I never understood why you always had to see life as scenes in an absurd theater.
And I don't see why you have to turn this into a... a scene out of Pinter. You do this with everyone you meet?

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home