Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Filing photographs

Boxes. Boxes and boxes.

Of?

You know. Stuff. Papers. Photos.

Throw them out.

Can’t really. Not all of it. Some might be useful Like photos. Pass them onto the family.

You could scan them into the computer. Take up less space. Less dusty too.

I will. I intend to. It’s a job I’ve got earmarked after I retire. Meantime it’s as much as I can manage just to download photos I take with my digital camera.

You really need to do that?

Well, some are good. I do admit there's an awful lot of junk. Specially since with a digicam you end up taking so many. But even an amateur like me can end up with some halfway decent shots after cropping and adjusting the light and contrast.

Mmm.

The problem is filing them.

I file mine by subject, place, date and version. Like this one. Ferrari taxi race, Kichijoji, 070513b. Then group them into folders with common themes.

Time consuming?

Sure, but it beats having your computer turn into a shoebox of unsorted photos.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home