Thursday, June 7, 2007

Anagrams and names

Do you remember me?

Of course I remember you. (lie) er, Nadia (guessing wildly).


Diana.


Diana. Of course. (thinking fast)You see, it’s the way we store words in memory. They sometimes get mixed up. Nadia is an anagram of Diana.


You never knew anyone called Nadia?


Never. (lie)


Hmm. Where are you going?


I think I have a meeting. Not sure so I’m going there to find out. You going to this building too?


This one or that one. Not sure.


In this weather, nothing is certain.


What’s an anagram?


Mixed up letters, like you get in games like Scrabble and Boggle. Names often get jumbled. Like Anna and Nana, Katrin and Trinka, Hyacinth and Cynthia.


Sounds a bit biased. Aren’t there any male names anagrammed?


Oh sure. Nigel can be Elgin, Noam can be Mona, and get this, Lloyd can be Dolly.


Pardon?


Never mind.

...

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home