Tuesday, June 19, 2007

God and beliefs


Been a swag of books questioning the origins of religion recently.


Such as?


Well, big names like Dawkins, Dennett and Wolpert. They're taking on the big question arguing that there is no scientific evidence that God exists.


Just as there is no evidence for ghosts and flying saucers? How do they account for the millions and billions of believers?


Humans have this need to believe. And believing in a God gets them through the tough times.


If it is so logical that God doesn't exist, why don't more people see the light of logic?


More difficult than you might think. To some people giving up a belief is as difficult as throwing out a favorite possession.


I never have the problem. I throw.


Yeah? When you were small, I know you had this security blanket, right? And you went around clutching it for four or five years until was just a tattered shred. You told me this. And what did you do when your parents finally threw the thing out?


Mm. It was a major trauma. I screamed. I didn't want to let it go.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home