Monday, August 27, 2007

Expressing sympathy

Mind how you go. The footpath is uneven.

But don’t look down all the time. You can hit your head on overhanging branches.

And signs. Remember a few months ago you banged your head on a Stop sign.

It was only a stupid 1.7 meters above the ground. I measured it later. Dangerously low.

Watch the ground here. There are holes. Break a leg dead easy.

Ow!

What?

Something stabbed me in the head. This, ah, it’s a bougainvillea. Ahhh. The thorn is still inside my skull. This is it. Goodbye world.

I told you to look up. Hold on, I have some tweezers in my bag.

I pulled it out already. Now my brains are starting to pour out. Why can’t I walk and look up and look down at the same time.

Women can, men can’t.

Do you think it’ll turn septic?

They say six hours. Bougainvilleas are lethal. Look, if we don’t hurry the restaurant will be closed.

...

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At August 28, 2007 at 12:36 AM , Blogger Zen said...

What you need is a HUD. (Head-up-display) with GPS moving map, FLIR (foward-looking-infrared-radar), night-vision and all-weather NOE (nap-of-the-earth) capability with synchronous HOTAS (hands-on-throttle-and-stick), INS (inertial naviation system) and voice activated multiple target selecting ability.

Funny how all that stuff I read about warplanes when I was 14 stuck in my head. Like the thorn.

 
At August 29, 2007 at 1:18 PM , Blogger Barry Natusch said...

Each to his own generational images. The Hud I recall was Paul Newman in the 1963 movie of the same name. Not much technology among cattle but it was a pretty good movie.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home