Friday, August 31, 2007

Old stories

Brown Eyes: What did you say your job was?

Freckles: I do voices. For animation films.

Brown Eyes: I thought they used famous stars for that.

Freckles: You implying I’m not famous?

Brown Eyes: Well…

Freckles: Don’t worry. I don’t get big acting roles. I mean, look at me. But I can do voices, from squeaky 10 year olds to grumpy 60 year olds. ACDC.

Brown Eyes: Where did you learn that?

Freckles: I used to tell my kids stories at bedtime, you know, and they’d say, “Tell us the story of Red Riding Hood” or some other, and I’d get a little tired telling the same stories so I’d try inventing new voices.

Brown Eyes: And I bet the kids said don’t change the story?

Freckles: You’re right, they didn’t like my using new voices. They’d say tell it the proper way. Liked tradition, didn’t like experiments. So I’d change the voices little by little so they wouldn’t notice.

Brown Eyes: Conservative creatures, kids. Mine were the same. I didn’t do voices but I retold the stories with different endings. And the kids would say, “That’s not how it ends. Do it again properly.”
...

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home