Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Zines and records

Come in. You are…?

Agent Senior, sir.

Oh, there has been some problem officer? Shoplifting again?

No, sir. My name is Agent. I’m a sales clerk here.

My apologies, there are so many, I just don’t know everyone.

I’d like to hand in my notice, sir.

Oh, you have another job?

Well, sort of. I want to start my own business.

Don't tell me. Online books. Digital music. Like here?

Not exactly. I’m going into zines and records.

Zines? Records?

Zines are crafty underground periodicals and sometimes one-offs by pamphleteers. And records as in vinyl.

Sounds a bit retro in the face of digital publishing and music. Flying in the face of progress?

Maybe. Some might say zines and records are progress. But the marketing is online.

Ironic, huh. Well good luck with it.
...

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At August 23, 2007 at 3:54 PM , Blogger Zen said...

I say something there, it appears here. Its like 1984 all over again!

kthxbai

 
At August 24, 2007 at 12:22 PM , Blogger Barry Natusch said...

Uncanny, isn't it. The good ideas can leave a memory as vivid as a flash in a dark room.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home