Sunday, October 28, 2007

Anthropomorphic Percy

Fifi asks Pierre Lapin “Allait-il comment votre jour?”

...

Pierre: Cycled over to Koganei today.

Fifi: See Percy?

Pierre: Percy was there all right. No change. Still up to his old tricks.

Fifi: His old tricks?

Pierre: Hiding. You know, whenever I go there I have to look for him. This time he was hiding behind some overgrown azalea bushes.

Fifi: Have a good chat?

Pierre: We talked about this and that and the other. You’d think at his age, I mean what is he now, 17?

Fifi: Oh no, 18 last March.

Pierre: That he’d given up this hiding routine.

Fifi: Perhaps it’s just you can’t find him.

Pierre: Well, all right. Perhaps I visit him so infrequently I forget where you planted him. Persimmons among cherries tend to blend? But come fruiting time, we'll see a difference, mais non?

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home