Friday, January 18, 2008

Going home

Midnight: Raymond and Russell are sitting on the Marine Parade. Russell has a dilemma.

...

Russell: It’s nice city. Nearly ideal, in size, in climate, in amenities.

Raymond: So why don’t you move back and live here?

Russell: I know, I was born here. But it’s not that easy. I haven’t finished doing other things.

Raymond: Other things?

Russell: In other places. Learning other skills, meeting other people, learning other languages that can’t be learned here.

Raymond: But your parents?

Russell: I know. They won’t be here forever and I should try to work things out with them.

Raymond: So what’s the problem?

Russell: Maybe it's like you all say, that, I’m restless. But I like to travel. I sometimes think I may even be part-autistic. But I also think that when I move back, that will be it. The end of the day, curtain drops, like now, my midnight.

...

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home