Friday, February 29, 2008

I scan at 32 items per minute

At the checkout, Innes is stuck in a line behind a chatty 20 year old male, Oliver.
...

Oliver: I’m staff. They sent me down here.

Innes: You can’t checkout through Rows 4 to 20?

Oliver: One item, methylated spirits. They sent me here.

Innes: What do you do here? You a management trainee?

Oliver: I’m checkout.

Innes: Checkout.

Oliver: I’m good at my job.

Innes: Good. How good? How is it measured?

Oliver: I can scan at 32 items per minute.

Innes: 32.

Oliver: Some scan as slow as 20 items a minute. And they still hold their jobs.

Innes: So if you work one and half times more efficiently than others your job is safe?

Oliver: And the manager is my uncle.

...

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home