Monday, February 11, 2008

Time flies

Cecil and Seamus share knowledge of a certain era, now vanished. They sit and chat most days on the steps. Cecil does woodwork.

...

Cecil: I hung it today.

Seamus: You hung it. What did you hang?

Cecil: I told yesterday. The Buddhist shelf.

Seamus: You’ll have to confess.

Cecil: I already spoke to Brother Peter. I have a thing or two on him, as you and I know, and so he said go ahead and hang it.

Seamus: And what are you putting on this Buddhist shelf, can I ask?

Cecil: Time. A sand timer. To remind me. Time doesn’t stand still, it’s running out.

Seamus: Might I remind you, Cecil, time flies faster as you get older.

Cecil: And do I look like I need reminding of that now, Seamus? We kill time on these steps but time will have his revenge.

...

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home