Thursday, February 28, 2008

Writer's block

Hak, a writer, complains to Salvadore, a painter, of a glitch in production.

...

Hak: I have to put something my blog tonight.

Salvadore: Why you must do this?

Hak: Well, I just must. I have to follow a routine. I need to discipline. It’s my daily practice.

Salvadore: Sometimes writers can have a block for many days. Certainly we painters can.

Don’t you think you could try harder?

Hak: Like the teacher wrote? Could try harder? And the family start saying things like “What is this rubbish you are writing?”

Salvadore: Family are the harshest critics. And often the least qualified to comment. What was that advice to artists? Never talk to family about what you do and expect them to cheer to you on.

Hak: Why would that be?

Salvadore: I guess it’s because you can choose friends but you don’t get to choose family. That, and the little matter of jealousy and sibling rivalry.

...

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home