Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Drawing and writing

Two strangers exchange identifying openings.
...

Taylor: What do you do?
Sarah: I draw.
Taylor: And why do you draw?
Sarah: It makes me think about what I see.
Taylor: So you don't draw for others, you draw for yourself?
Sarah: Sometimes I draw for others. I teach drawing. But what do you do?
Taylor: I think, I write.
Sarah: As in I think, then I write? Or as in you write but you are not sure if this is what you do?
Taylor: I like to think surprising thoughts and then surprise readers with them.
Sarah: So thought is a kind of drawing for you through which you interpret what you see?
Taylor: A graphic image. And you have reminded me that not everything I think might be correct.
...

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home