Tuesday, July 29, 2008

The Swimmer

Matthew asks Burt for a loan.

...

Matthew: Mister. Can I borrow 50 cents?

Burt: And why do you need it?

Matthew: I’ve got to catch the bus home.

Burt: Why don’t you swim home? Like me?

Matthew: That’s crazy.

Burt: No, look, you just swim this pool, and then there’s the Clintons next door, and then the Bush pool beyond that, cross Route 66 and swim across the length of the public pool and up the hill and I’m home.

Matthew: Mister. you have 50 cents?

Burt: Swimmers don't carry money. I happen to have just 50 cents but I need it to swim the public pool. Attendant won’t let me in without it.

Matthew: Bus driver won’t take me on the bus unless I pay him 50 cents.

...

Labels:

1 Comments:

At July 29, 2008 at 8:13 PM , Blogger Zen said...

Ah, but what about VISA? American Express?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home