Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Reportage and footage

Lupin, a would-be reporter, and Fritz, a would-be filmmaker, chide each other for their skimpy output.

...


Lupin: Just can’t seem to get started.


Fritz: You remind me of a reporter who never reports. Like TinTin. Here, there and everywhere, investigating, chasing, thwarting the bad guys. Where are all the articles he should have published? Where is YOUR REPORTAGE? Where are all your ARTICLES? Where are your PULLITZERS?


Lupin: Pot calling the kettle black again, are we? You remind me of a filmmaker who seldom shoots FOOTAGE. Where are all your FILMS? Where are all your OSCARS? Of course, there’s all the unacknowledged stuff. When my reportage goes in the Economist, my name isn’t there.


Fritz: Exactly. When my footage goes up on YouTube, I post anonymously. No identity adds a bit of mystery. Like the William Gibson’s Russian handicapped girl creating footage. People start asking, who is creating this stuff?


Lupin: Just be nice if all that GREAT reportage and footage was OUR stuff, not other people's.

...

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home